Shelly Prosko, Physical Therapist, Professional Yoga Therapist and Pilates instructor, is a highly respected pioneer in the area of Physio Yoga Therapy, a combination of Physical Therapy and medical therapeutic yoga. She received her Physical Therapy degree at the University of Saskatchewan in 1998, her medical therapeutic yoga training through Professional Yoga Therapy Institute in North Carolina and her Pilates certification through Professional Health and Fitness Institute in Maryland.
- Blending yoga and PT
- Yoga is: connecting to one’s truest self and connecting with others
- Blending and shifting multiple avenues of self-healing
- What does the Yoga industry need? (Hint - all health industries need this)
- How to approach care while wearing multiple hats
- What specific conditions or injuries have been found very responsive to yoga therapy?
- The best way to explain a new idea: give someone an experience
- Feeling out the timeframe of integrating yoga into PT care
- Cultivating the art of mindfulness, then sharing it with others
- Where is yoga falling under the umbrella of health and wellness
Reach Shelly on her website www.physioyoga.ca and subscribe to her news list FILLED with TONS of free content
Facebook: Prosko PhysioYoga Therapy
Youtube: shelly prosko