In this episode we discuss pain science and the STAND Haiti Project with Dr. Justin Dunaway, PT, DPT, OCS. Nick and Will met first met Justin in Pittsburgh while taking one of his spinal thrust manipulation courses. Justin has an incredible way with teaching pain science and helps us break down the following topics in this episode:
- What is the STAND Haiti Project?
- Why is it important to send physical therapists to Haiti?
- Who can join the STAND Haiti mission?
- What is the difference between short-term (acute) pain and chronic pain?
- Do patients' expectation of pain influence their recovery?
- How does he help people overcome chronic pain symptoms?
- Does Justin ever get injured? (You might be suprised...and laugh...at his answer)
Check out The STAND Haiti Project and read more about Dr. Justin Dunaway through The STAND Haiti Project website or follow him through Twitter @drdunawaydpt
Also, you can follow Justin's work on Twitter through @icephysio and STAND Haiti's information on Twitter through @STANDHaiti