In this week’s #PTedition of The Knowbodies Podcast we sit down with the Godfather, Jerry Durham, PT to talk about the current state of Physical Therapy and the direction this wonderful profession is going in.
In this episode:
- Jerry shares his thoughts on his recent course with Jeff Moore and Paul Gough in Las Vegas
- Jerry sheds light on what makes Jeff Moore so special as a PT
- The difference between evidence-based medicine and evidence-based practice
- Jerry explains why the patient experience is so critical to providing excellent patient care
- Jerry shares his experience with Justin Dunaway of STAND Haiti and why Justin is such an awesome guy
- Jerry breaks down where he sees the current state of the profession of physical therapy
- The importance of approaching federal and state advocacy differently than we previously have
- Jerry explains why our patients are and always will be our biggest advocates
- Jerry’s thoughts on #GetPT1st and why our intraprofessional arguing isn’t helping our patients
- Retweets > Likes
- Why Jerry read a math book? Check out Social Physics
- The power of storytelling and why we aren’t doing a good enough job of telling our patients’ stories
- Jerry shares why our communication and how we communicate with other healthcare professionals is of paramount importance
- The power of language
- What do Jerry and Jeff drink when they meet at airports?
- What are Jerry’s favorite airport bars?
If you enjoyed this episode, feel free to leave us a review on iTunes! Every review means a lot to us!