In this episode, we had an online happy hour with the founder of The Senior Rehab Project, Dr. Dustin Jones, PT, DPT. Dustin is a practicing physical therapist located in Kentucky and has created an incredible online community dedicated to helping older adults stay fit and functionally strong. We had a blast chatting with Dustin and hope you enjoy the tremendous value he brings to his patients in this episode.
Highlights from this episode:
- Dustin's background as a physical therapist
- How Dustin approaches older adults as athletes
- Strengthening comes in many forms and how beliefs play a vital role in strategies for strength training
- Is anyone too old to strength train and see gains in strength?
- Signs to look for in your aging family members and friends who might be prone to falls from not having enough strength
- Dustin's thoughts on how to change the environment and community to be more proactive in addressing our aging society