This week we are humbled to release our newest episode "Making Sense of Chronic Pain" with guest, Dr. Joe Tatta, PT, DPT from New York City. Dr. Tatta has been a practicing Physical Therapist for over 2 decades and has recently authored an Amazon Best-Selling book, "Heal Your Pain Now: A Revolutionary Program to Reset Your Brain and Body for a Pain-Free Life". Enjoy this powerful and eye-opening episode with the insightful and kind-hearted Dr. Joe Tatta.
From Dr. Tatta’s website www.DrJoeTatta.com
Dr. Joe Tatta is a doctor of physical therapy, board certified nutrition specialist and functional medicine practitioner who specializes in treating persistent pain and lifestyle-related musculoskeletal, metabolic and autoimmune health issues. He is the host of The Healing Pain Podcast designed to broaden the conversation around natural strategies toward solving persistent pain. Dr. Tatta is the author of the best selling book Heal Your Pain Now; A Revolutionary Program to Reset Your Brain and Body for a Pain-Free Life by Da Capo Press. He is currently in private practice and also provides Online Health Consulting to help people achieve a pain-free life free from chronic disease. Learn more by visiting www.drjoetatta.com.
Topics touched on during this episode:
- Tatta’s reasons behing writing “Heal Your Pain Now”
- The initial challenges of confronting chronic pain
- The connection between psychological stress and chronic pain. What is pain catastrophizing?
- The role of nutrition and our GI system when it comes to chronic inflammation
- The role of Physical Therapists in treating chronic pain. Do we have a role? How do we best approach treating chronic pain?
- Dr. Tatta’s personal history dealing with Polymorphic Light Eruption, a skin condition that led him to using cortisone, which ultimately led to chronic pain. Dr. Tatta shares this story that started his journey into studying chronic conditions.
- How nutrition and supplements have played a role in Dr. Tatta curbing his symptoms
- Tatta’s approach to taking a solid history when it comes to nutrition. What have you eaten the past 3 days?
- What is a ketogenic diet?
- Tatta’s final thoughts on the epidemic of chronic pain that we as a society are facing
Follow Dr. Joe Tatta on Social Media